Monday, October 29, 2012

My Place

Without further ado, here is the grand tour...

 
We'll start with the stairs. See all the way down, actually you can't even see all the way down the bottom of the stairs. It just keeps going. If you need motivation to lose weight or be in shape, move to NYC. You'll walk so much (especially if you live in a walkup), and food is so expensive that you'll inadvertantly be on a diet and in shape in no time!

The hallway view from my doorway
Up first are the living room and kitchen- all completely furnished :) My roommate has a loveseat coming to go in front of the bookcases- well hopefully. As it's currently in a warehouse in New Jersey waiting to be delivered, who knows...  Also, since we're the corner apartment at the back side of the building, all of our windows look out to a lovely view of... brick walls. The living room and kitchen windows look into these little alleys on either side of the building and the bedroom windows look out to this random gravel covered brick enclosed open space in the middle of the block. Not a great view, but at least we get natural light into the apartment!

Living Room

My kitchen is pretty awesome. It's bigger than my room. You think that's an exaggeration but its not. Compared to the kitchens in all the other apartments it is huge! Which is fine with me, I'm quite enjoying being able to cook and not having to eat out every night like I have the past 2 weeks :)



A pretty amazing kitchen for NYC
Yum! My first meal in my new place
Just had to show off my cute cereal bowls that I got at west elm with my discount :)
The bathroom is right off the kitchen- it's small but it has everything you need!
 


And finally... the closet. I mean, my bedroom that is the size of a closet ;) The entire width of my bedroom is what you can see in the picture plus about 18". It's nice and cozy. All that would fit in my room is a twin bed, so that's what I bought. I've been sleeping in a queen bed for the last few months so it was a bit of an adjustment the first night! I did not sleep well at all. In the middle of the night I rolled over and smacked my knees on the wall. I actually have a bruise (to be fair I had smacked my knee on a gate the day before and had a small bruise- this just made it bigger...).

My fantastic view
 
Using my Hurricane Sandy 24pk of water as my nightstand

The actual closet
 
It's so great to be in my own place. And I have plenty of time to enjoy it this week since I'm stuck inside due to Hurricane Sandy!


No comments:

Post a Comment