Monday, October 22, 2012

Just by chance? I think not.

Can I just tell you how grateful I am? I can't even believe that I have the opportunity to be here, and although things haven't worked out exactly the way I wanted them (let's face it- when do they?!), things are working out. I came prepared for the worst and things are working out better than I expected... at least better than my worst expectations... and one day I'll get an architecture job :)

I have to admit. When I was encouraged to apply at a retail store in SLC a couple years ago, I thought it was just another part-time job to get me through school. I certainly didn't think it would have any relevance to my post graduation life- let alone that it would be one of the major factors in allowing me to move to NYC as I could transfer with that company. I'm so grateful to have a job here- something that allows me to pay my outrageous rent (trust me you don't even want to know) and buy ridiculously overpriced groceries (more about that later) so that I can at least stay here- working and waiting for my chance! I'm so grateful and I know it's not just chance or coincidence. I have a loving Heavenly Father who knows and cares about me- and who helps me. Although I don't know everything that awaits me in this life- He does, and He cares enough to help me through. I couldn't have foreseen the circumstances that led me here, but here I am- with overflowing gratitude for a wonderful and loving Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment