Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thieves

I never thought I'd say the following words in NYC, but... A squirrel stole my lunch. That's right. A squirrel. Thieving rodents.

There I was, volunteering at Jackie Robinson Park in Harlem (yes, I know who Jackie Robinson is- my dad was skeptical but I at least have some sports knowledge) with my ward for New York Cares Day. We were busy scraping and painting the benches so I set my grocery sack by the rest of our supplies to wait for lunch time. After a few hours we decided it was lunch time so I headed back to grab my lunch from the supply pile. On my way a couple people from the ward hollered to me that we had leftover food from breakfast which I declined because I had lunch. Or so I thought.

Upon arriving back to the supply pile I discovered a hole in my bag. And a hole in my sandwich bag with my peanut butter and honey sandwich half eaten. And my tortilla chips completely gone- bag and all. Apparently squirrels are not into eating healthy, they just prefer junk food (can't say I blame them there).

Now you know, in NY you don't just have to watch out for human thieves you have to watch out for squirrels too. Go figure.

Scraping off the old paint and getting ready for the fresh new coat!

1 comment: