Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter Ham and Conference Crepes

I decided to put our living room/kitchen to good use and invite people over for Easter and General Conference. I think we can call both weekends a success!

First up, Easter. Easter means ham. I've never made a ham and I wasn't sure if I wanted to try. But I figured I might as well learn sooner rather than later so I gave it a shot! Since there were only going to be three of us I didn't need to get a big ham (which is practically all the stores sell), so I went looking for a small piece. When I could only find giant hams I was tempted to ask them where the piglets were ;) Just kidding, I wouldn't want to eat a piglet. Just a small portion of a large full-grown ham. I don't think they would have appreciated that question. Luckily I found what I was looking for, and since the small ones don't come with a glaze I made my own.

The small portion of a large ham. Studded with cloves and ready for the homemade honey glaze!
I let the ham sit in the glaze overnight and it turned out surprisingly good if I do say so myself. In addition to the ham I also made my Aunt Marilyn's potato casserole and homemade rolls, and green beans (you have to have a vegetable!). My friend Veronica is a pastry chef at Bouchon Bakery and she brought us delicious brownies, a chocolate bunny, and truffles. Yum. It was a fun night, and a great Easter.

The surprisingly delicious ham.

Homemade rolls. Yum.

Pretty flowers for Easter. So excited for Spring!
Scripture study in the park at one of my favorite reading spots :)


For conference I continued the fun from my college days (girls of 305!) with conference crepes. We had lots of yummy toppings for the crepes, plus my mom's poppyseed bread (one of my favorites).

Poppyseed bread.

Yum. And aren't they pretty?

Nutella, peanut butter, strawberries, sugar... Does it get any better?


 
 
In between sessions we went for a walk in Central Park. I love NYC. I mean how great is that- two spiritually uplifting conference sessions and a walk in the best park ever? Pretty fantastic!
 
 
My roommate Suzanne on the right, and my friend Veronica in the middle.

 
I'd say we did a pretty good job of taking care of all that food ;)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment