Monday, April 8, 2013

Sometimes I do miss my car...

Seating in my apartment is limited, and since I was having people over for brunch on Sunday we needed a few more chairs. So I took a trip to Target in Brooklyn to get some inexpensive folding chairs. Getting there wasn't a problem... But it would have been very nice to have a car on the way back. Bet you've never hauled a couple of chairs on the subway from Brooklyn to the Upper West Side! Well, I have. Luckily the chairs are very light and not bulky, and the first train I was on from Brooklyn to Times Square was practically empty so I parked my chairs and my groceries (did I mention I also had a full Trader Joe's bag to carry?) and read my Architect magazine until I transferred trains and it wasn't bad at all. Once I transferred to the local train it was packed and I was very squished. Not so fun. In the end, I made it home with the chairs and the groceries all in one piece. Not even a broken egg.

Two chairs and my groceries. On the subway.
 
4 lbs of strawberries. Yum. And they smelled delicious (and made my cubicle smell good)!

Apparently in Brooklyn they don't "throw" pillows, they "toss" them.

No comments:

Post a Comment