Monday, November 26, 2012

Winter's Eve

The holidays are here! Hopefully you all had a great Thanksgiving. I worked pretty much the whole day, but I can't really complain since I volunteered :) Figured if I wasn't at home, I might as well be making money!

I spent Thanksgiving morning working until the afternoon- caught a few glimpses of the balloons in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade since it comes right past the building where I work.


The empty bleachers- set up a week before the parade.

I had Thanksgiving Dinner Round 1 at work, and then as soon as I got off headed to Thanksgiving Dinner Round 2 with people from my ward. They were nice enough to fix a delicious meal and have everyone over who wasn't going home. Many thanks to them!

After Thanksgiving Dinner 2 I went back to work for another 12 hours. That's right, I worked from 8pm to 8am Black Friday morning. We were taking advantage of an empty store to start changing our features to Christmas displays. Needless to say, I took a good, long nap when I got home!

Subway was a little quieter than usual on Thanksgiving.
Today I attended the Winter's Eve Festival- apparently the largest winter/holiday festival in NYC (at least that's what the host said). The whole festival was taking place on the same road I walk home from work on, convenient I know. So I checked out everything as I was walking by, went home and warmed up then headed out just in time for the tree lighting at Lincoln Square. They had music at different spots along Broadway, and bands marching up and down the streets, food booths, all kinds of crazy entertainment, and lots of people. The streets were packed but it was so great to see everything busy with all the holiday music playing and trees lit up. I love the holidays :)

Before the tree lighting...

All lit up :)



Not a sight I expected to see in front of the church, and coming out the doors. I expected the church DVD's and even the free hot chocolate but I don't know what these things were!
I love the holidays :) There are more events this week and I'm planning to be there!

1 comment: