Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Yay for visitors... plus Revlon Run/Walk, Cinderalla, and so much more!

I really love visitors (hint, hint ;). The first week of May I was lucky enough to have my Aunt Marilyn, Aunt Judy, Uncle Mark, and my cousins Lauren and Rachel come visit for the week. Granted they were out here for the Revlon Run/Walk that Judy helps produce, but they also came to see me of course! I had so much fun that week- but I was definitely exhausted by the time they left haha.

Unfortunately when you're a grown up you have to go to work even when you have visitors. Lame. Anyway, they played during the day and worked on preparing stuff for the Run/Walk while I worked then we all met up in the evenings for yummy food, visiting, and fun!

Warning. The next few paragraphs are going to be about food for two reasons: 1. Because all we had time to do after I got off work was eat. 2. Because I love food and you already know I like talking about it.

First night dinner was one of the girls favorites that happens to be in my neighborhood: Shake Shack. Their fries are tasty. Then we wandered the Upper West Side and just enjoyed being together again. The girls had LOTS of energy from being on a plane all day so we were running and skipping up and down the streets of NYC. So much fun.

The bonus at the end of each night was that I got to have one of my favorite munchkins come spend the night with me (plus Marilyn stayed with me every night- yay! I loved having her here!). We had fun chatting and coloring on my mirror :)

Rachel adding some artwork to Lauren's drawings from the night before.

Wednesday night Marilyn and the girls and I headed down to the Brooklyn Diner (located in Times Square, not Brooklyn- though I think there might be the original one in Brooklyn, or was?) for another yummy dinner (okay dinner was yummy every night because we ate at all the good spots :), then we wandered up towards the park to meet up with Judy and Mark who'd been out to dinner with a friend. We then got gelato at what will be my new summer hangout since it's so close: Grom. Lemon gelato- incredible. And I hear all the other flavors are pretty spectacular too. I'll be trying them all.

Thursday night: Thai food. Yum, this little restaurant- Land- is one of my go to comfort food/cravings on the Upper West Side. So good.

Friday night: Pizza at a place near Times Square. This dinner was a little rough. It had been a long day for everyone and I think we were all exhausted, and we all had to be up early the next morning. We went to bed a little earlier and got ready for the event of the week: the Revlon Run/Walk for Women.

Saturday: Revlon Run! I had a blast with both my friends and my family, so glad they were all there :) It was so much fun to walk (yes I walked, I was with Rachel- and we're going to use that as my excuse ;) from Times Square up into Central Park (which you already know is my favorite place in NY). It was beautiful sunny morning, perfect for a 5k. After the walk we hung out in the VIP tent, played tag in the grass in Central Park, walked to the Plaza Hotel for frozen yogurt, did some shopping, sat down for a moment, then finished off the night with a delicious dinner at Becco's and saw Cinderella on Broadway. A fantastic day. So grateful for wonderful family and the time I got to spend with them while they were here- can't wait until they come back again. I miss you already!


 
We're so ready.

 

And we're off!
Mark had to rescue Rachel plus the line of ladies at the porta pottys by opening them (the company forgot to come undo the zip ties they use when transporting them).



No comments:

Post a Comment