Thursday, May 30, 2013

At the Theatre

NYC is great. Have I mentioned that before? The last month has been full of fun adventures involving the "theatre."

First up, the Metropolitan Opera. My friend Sabrina is a nanny for a women who is in the Metropolitan Opera, and one night we got free standing tickets for Dialogues des Carmelites. Yes, we stood the whole time, and yes the opera was in French, but no- surprisingly the Met does not have subtitle screens in the standing section (which means they're way behind the rest of the world- because when I was in the standing section in the Opera House in Vienna for an opera in Italian we had subtitle screens). Good thing we'd both read the plot online/heard about it so that we at least understood the gist of what was going on! :) It was a lot of fun, and Sabrina's employer did a fantastic job!





Up next, Broadway. Sabrina and I decided during intermission of the Opera that it was about time we saw another Broadway show, so we got ourselves tickets in the nosebleed section and had so much fun. I think Annie is one of my favorite ones I've seen here (okay, they're all my favorites... they're just so good- how do you choose?!).




And finally, the movies. The Great Gatsby at the old Ziegfeld Theater. I think yes. My friend Elise got a group together for the show and requested that we dress up in period appropriate attire. We did so in varying degrees of authenticity since a lot of us had to come straight from work (myself included) but it was fun to dress up for the movies and go to the theater :)



Veronica and I finally got to do something other than Sunday dinners... opposite work schedules make it hard to hang out!






Gatsby Glam


 
(My phone takes terrible night/indoor lighting photos- Is this user error (most likely) or just the fatal flaw of iPhone cameras? Let me know if you've figured out a way to make it better!)

No comments:

Post a Comment