Monday, March 4, 2013

The update

I've kind of been a slacker with the blog the last couple months. In my defense, I was busy trying to find a job. Which I did. Yay! So it's official, I have an architecture job in NYC :) But between all the resume sending out, portfolio editing, networking, working, and eating, sleeping, etc. I fell a little behind... so the following is a photo update of my adventures the last couple months.

I've been to a few meetings at the Center for Architecture- which I discovered, on the third or fourth time I went there, happens to be right by Washington Square Park.

Visiting Federal Hall- the site of George Washington's Inauguration as President- on Inauguration Day.




Winter Jam NYC in the Park. Just so happened to come the day after one of our snow storms. (Pretty sure they still had to make fake snow in order to do everything like they were going to anyway).


Visiting the library- one of my favorite places.

Celebrating at the Grand Central Centennial!

Attempt #1 at painting my room. Fail. Because it was snowing... and 90% humidity.

You can't really tell, but this is a delicious peanut butter, cream cheese, and chocolate chip sandwich. My friend Elise showed us the deliciousness of Peanut Butter & Co in Greenwich Village.

Guess what...

... I got to see???

Wicked! So. Much. Fun. Thanks to my friend Elise for letting me have the winning ticket :)
Valentine's Day. In real life this looked more pink than purple.

Attempt #2 at painting my walls. Success! Now they are bright and clean :)

 
Celebrating Chinese New Year. The Chinese wards and branches put on a dinner and show of traditional performances. Including the Lion Dance. The green ball on the stage is lettuce (I don't remember why that is sorry). During the dance the lion "ate" the lettuce and then threw all the pieces on the little kids in the front row. You've never seen kids so excited to have lettuce thrown at them. They thought it was the greatest thing in the world!


 
Working at my real job. Where I still eat PB&J (not from PB & Co though), the lunch of champions. You thought you outgrew that in the third grade? Ha, not if you're a student or a recent graduate. Still cheaper than anything else around!
 
 
Luckily, there are nights when I get to enjoy a buffet of chocolate desserts to make up for it. These are the dishes from the last get together of our Iron Chef group. Each month there is a specified ingredient and everybody brings a dish with that ingredient in it. So far I've been to the mint, citrus, and chocolate (see the yummy picture above) events. At this one I literally ate a plateful of chocolate desserts (had to try them all!). They were delicious, but I may have felt a little sick later. I made my first cheescake ever- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. And it was pretty good if I say so myself. Chocolate. Yum.
 



 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting a job! That's awesome! And my mouth is watering looking at all those desserts. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pics Caitlin! MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete