Monday, March 4, 2013

New Year's at Times Square

I figured this was a "one and done" kind of deal. I mean, I figured I had to do it since I'm here but realized I would probably never want to do it again. I was correct.

But don't you worry, it was still fun! And I am definitely glad I went! I just don't feel the need to go freeze again next year ;)

Waiting...

Still waiting...

We got there early in the afternoon, and after getting told at every block we just had to go one more (ha) we finally ended up getting access to the area at about 50th street. We were definitely out of the immediate Times Square area but we at least had a clear view of the ball! Once we were in our spot we waited... and waited... and waited... and waited. Eventually they turned the screen on near us so we could see the performances happening around the area and have a little music. That made the waiting much more enjoyable.
Only 1 hour to go!


Luckily it wasn't tooooo freezing cold. Definitely cold, but it could have been much, much worse. Although it could have felt okay because of the excessive amount of layers I was wearing. Either way, it worked out well. But layers can only do so much good... so after about 8 hours I was definitely cold.


Yep, still waiting.
After all the waiting and freezing, the performances (which we got to hear multiple times because they kept piping in the performers warming up so by the time we actually heard the performance we might have been sick of a few songs... ironically, one of the songs starts with "here we go again..."), we finally made it to midnight (well almost midnight of course). And the COUNTDOWN began! Gotta admit, all the freezing and waiting was made worth it by being in a cheering mass of people as we counted down to the New Year in NYC :) And there were fireworks... and music... and fun, of course.

 
 
Happy New Year from NYC!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment