Sunday, August 25, 2013

Coney Island

I love summer. Except for a few miserable weeks, the weather has not been that unbearable here (maybe I only think that because I now have a fan in my room- thanks Aunt Kathy!). One summer weekend my friend Sabrina came to visit me from Connecticut, so we grabbed our friend Sara and headed out to spend the day at Coney Island.

First, we rode the Cyclone. I think this roller coaster can be described in one word: painful. Seriously, wooden roller coasters are just rough. This one even had squishy padded seats (the most padding I've ever seen in a roller coaster) but even that's not enough for your head to not feel like it's going to come off. That being said, it was still fun... I just don't feel the need to ride that particular roller coaster ever again!

Ready to ride the Cyclone.
 

We're a bunch of wimps who can't do pull ups.




After the roller coaster we had Nathan's famous hot dogs (see how smart we are- hot dogs AFTER the roller coaster. This is why I have a college degree) on the boardwalk. Then we headed down to the beach to pretend to relax and pretend like the sun was shining. (Apparently it only rains on days when I have plans to do something outside). After we adjusted to the temperature, we waded in the water, built a sand castle, and relaxed on the beach. Eventually the sun came out and we were brave enough to venture all the way into the water (it was cold!). After swimming we laid out on the sand and relaxed some more (I LOVE the beach).

Then we headed back to the boardwalk to finish up our Coney Island Adventure with a ride on the Ferris Wheel. It was such a fun summer day!

Apparently I'm having a blast and Sara is terrified. We might have coerced her into coming on it with us...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment