Sunday, June 16, 2013

Birthday Fun

I've discovered that I must have this unspoken rule that I can't spend my birthday in the same place two years in a row, and often seem to be traveling on my birthday. Which I think is awesome. I spent my 23rd birthday in Spain, where my group sang "Happy Birthday" to me at the Alhambra Palace. My 24th birthday I spent in Salt Lake City with my friends and family. My 25th birthday I spent in Vancouver, Canada- complete with a surprise party with our school group. And my 26th birthday (wow that sounds old!) I spent here in New York City. Wonder where I'll be next year?!

The night before my birthday I went to dinner with a group of friends. We had yummy Indian food down in the East Village, which is a place I haven't spent much time so it was fun to have a new experience! My friend Elise, who organized the dinner, even made me a birthday cake (a homemade birthday cake, not just a cake from a box) and brought it with her. After we finished our dinner we headed outside to find a spot to eat cake. We thought there was a park just up the street but then we realized it was a lot further, so we parked ourselves on the steps of an apartment building and had our cake NYC style. It was delicious, seriously Elise is the best cook. The cake was amazing!


On my actual birthday I had to go I work. Sometimes being a grown up is rough I tell ya. Everyone here seemed so surprised that I was going to work in my birthday... And I'm still a little confused since I don't know what other options I had. Anyway... After I got off work (I made sure I worked hard so I could leave on time, which rarely ever happens), I met up with my friend Sabrina for a picnic in Central Park. Where else would I want to be on my birthday?! We had sandwiches from a place I've been wanting to try, and just relaxed at the park for a few hours enjoying the beautiful weather. After the park we ate some more yummy birthday cake :) It was a great birthday!!! 









1 comment:

  1. yay for being born! Hope you had a HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete