Sunday, January 6, 2013

Last holiday adventures in NYC

The last few weeks before the holidays were busy- and so much fun. Between Karin's visit and all the other activities I've posted about, there were a couple more highlights...

My #1 favorite winter activity is ice skating. My friend Veronica and I decided the week before Christmas was a great time :) First we went to a restaurant and had tasty chowder, then we went to Bryant Park for ice skating! It was a good choice- not only is it cheaper, but it is way less crowded than the rinks at Rockefeller and Central Park.

Yay for ice skates!



On a later day I also went to the Christmas Market at Bryant Park with Alina, another of my friends. It was cold and I have no pictures of the actual market but it was fun to just wander through the shops and chat :) After the market we headed to a place called Junior's for cheesecake. It was delicious- and I actually have a picture of it. Strawberry Shortcake cheesecake. Yum.



Thanks to my roommate Suzanne, I also had the opportunity to attend the Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center. We saw The Barber of Seville, and it was great. It was in English (since it was their holiday show it was a little shorter and in English so it was family friendly) so it wasn't quite the same as when I saw it in the original Italian at the Opera House in Vienna but it was still fun! It felt very New York to get dressed up for a night at the opera ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment